1. The sun and extraterrestrial radiation
3. Solar angles
4. Visualisation of solar motion – sun path diagram
5. Solar radiation on Earth
6. Measuring solar radiation
7. Calculating angle of incidence
8. Solar radiation data
9. Clearness index
10. Calculation of radiation incident on a surface
11. Anisotropicsky – Hays and Davies model
12. Some rule of thumb
- To demonstrate knowledge of the characteristics of solar radiation before and after passage in the atmosphere.
- To control the basic geometry and concepts concerning solar motion and be able to calculate the effect of orientation of a surface on the incident solar energy.
- To review different ways to measure solar radiation and identify the limitations of different measurement methods.
- To understand different kind of solar radiation data and how to use this data for calculations
- To use different models and appropriate approximations for calculating the solar radiation incident on different surfaces